video to dvd

dollyclare

Is there a shop where you can hand in a video(taped off the telly) to get it converted to DVD.If so, is it costly.?

If you have a vcr and dvdr, you should be able to do it yourself. Most people who have dvdr's kept their old vcr.

Brendan

Tape to DVD costs about €25 per hour from services such as videocopycentreThe Video Copy Centre in Dublin. They might balk at copying copyrighted material such as stuff you've recorded off the TV however.

Relatively easy if you got the software & dvd recorder

I taped my vhs tapes to DVD-RW and then used Nero Vision Express to trf to DVD

Quality ok but I am happy as I am complete Techno Phobia.....

Should be places around town but shop around as its not that difficult to do

Good Luck

Google "video to DVD" .
UK site charges GBP£8 for 2 hour tape (+ postage).
Also, on shop in Gardiner St. mentioned above, you must mention "special Offer" to get price of Eur25 per hour (Eur5 for each extra hour).Normal price is about Eur45 per hour.

Hi - I got a quote recently for a similar job from a company called Moving Media (I'm not affiliated), they're based in Thomas St and in Blanchardstown.

They quoted me €29 per 180min tape which works out at about €9.60 per hour. (Not sure if that price is exVAT or inclVAT BTW). As I'm not in a huge hurry to do the conversion I haven't done anything more with it. Hope this is some help to you.

If you have access to a dvd recorder such as those discussed here

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=12637

you can do it yourself. Connect a vhs machine to the dvd recorder via a scart cable and record from the tape to a dvd. Easy as pie. I've done it, so it works.