video camrea in aldi is it any good?

coleen

Hi I have just seen a video camera in aldi it will be available on Sunday 27th It is 109.99 I dont know anything about what specs I should be looking for just for home video use.Does anyone know how good this might be?

Aldi is usually good when it comes to this type of thing. I have bought electronic goods and would be happy to do so again. They will take faulty goods back with no quibble and all have warranties in any case.

I bought a similar one, back around Christmas. It's a grand little camera for the price, if you bear in mind

(a) that it has no optical zoom, only digital. You can zoom in on a detail, but the picture quality goes down the tube — you're basically just blowing up the pixels. So it's no good for long-range telephoto stuff.
(b) that it doesn't cope great in low-light situations. It will record under normal room lighting (whatever that is), but the quality won't be wonderful.

But it's grand for home/holiday-souvenir type stuff. With a 2GB SD card you can record about an hour and a half of video (or hundreds of still photos) before the card gets full.

I missed the boat - got to aldi rather hungover about 3pm Sunday - girl laughed at me when i asked were there any left. Anybody get one or know if theres a store with one left?

Back