Video camera to tv - feed query

Westgolf

Hi All

We recently upgraded the TV to a phillips HD set. Tonight when i went to show some of our video camera footage on it the show is in black and white even though it was recorded in colour and plays in colour on the cameras monitor screen.Tried all the tuning settings but nowt worked, can anyone enlighten me as to the cause of the problem and a possible solution ??

Thanks

Westgolf

video to tv

Hi Selfassessed

I'm using the conector which came with the video camera.One pin into AV out on the camera and the other end of the lead has three coloured pins, red & white(for sound I think) and yellow(for video feed), which are plugged into the colour coded in-points at the back of the TV. The fact that the camera monitor shows the footage playing in colour leads me to think its the TV settings ?

Also I dont have an s-video mode / option ,that I can see, on my tv ?

Westgolf

What camera is it and what are the settings for video output? Is it set to PAL?

I have the exact same problem with a Philips TV as described here. The video camera is a JVC...plays colour on my laptop, on the camera monitor but black and white on the TV, no matter how I rearrange the colour coded wires into the back of the TV

Hi lads

The camera is a canon, the settings menu has no choice option for PAL or otherwise or any output menu selection, maybe an email to phillips will do

westgolf

Usually you have to select AV-1 or AV-2 to see what is on the composite video input. Just make sure it is AV-2 not AV-2S if that makes sense? It would cause it to display B/W if you did.

Back