Vibrations in Ford Focus

seanied

My gf's car is experiencing alot of vibrations while excellerating to 60 - 65mph after this the vibration goes. She has had the wheels balanced twice and alignment checked also. It does not happen while braking.
Has anyone any ideas about this??

Hi Seanid,

Had the exact same problem on a 03 1.6 Focus. I had tracking and balancing done by 2 separate tyre fitters to try and fix this problem with no result. I then went back to the Ford garage where I bought the car. They said balancing was OK but that I needed new tyres. I was very dubious about this and just drove the car for another 6 months with this annoying vibration. Anyway had to get the car NCT'd last and had to replace the front 2 tyres, and now the car no longer vibrates. I drove to up to the west last weekend and the car have never driven better. You problem could also be tyre related.

Could be. A relative had the same problem/solution with their Micra a few years ago.

were the tyres of a dubious brand - there are market reports of badly constructed tyres around at present - the casing allignment is out of true - if you still have the old tyre - rotate it and observe if the latitudinal grooves "wobble" as it rotates. source autoexpress UK magazine