Vias from Indian Embassey

lyonsie

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a visa from the Indian Embassy quickly. I have tried to ring but only get an answering machine. I have e-mailed but have not had a reply.
I usually send my passport to the Indian Embassy in Dublin and get them back in about 10 working days. This year I am off to France (eurodisney with grandaughter) for a few days in October 8/12th. Then I was going to send off the passports to get our visa's for our holiday in November 5th. But I have been offered another trip out of the country and can't see where I would have the time to get the visa's.
In the UK you can visit the passport offices of Indian Embassy's and get your visa very quickly. Does anyone know if there is any way to get an express service here in Ireland.

I was in India over the summer; posted the application on a Tuesday and it was returned by Friday (by post) but the website does state to allow two weeks to be sure.

Looking at it states

In case of emergency or extreme urgency, visas can be granted on the day of application or the next day, if the visa officer is convinced of the genuineness of the need. In such cases , an additional visa fee (Express Visa Fee) of Euro 50 will be charged, over and above the applicable visa fee indicated above. This facility is available only to Irish passport holders.

Considering it costs €50 for the visa in the first place, it is a pretty expensive option.