Health Insurance VHI plan for 2 adults + 2 children

Stella16

I've sifted through a lot of posts here which have been very helpful so far. But I'm still no closer to trying to decide which VHI plan would be suitable for my family. My partner is turning 35 in 2 weeks so we're trying to secure health insurance before then. I'm 33,and we have two children aged 1.5 and 3.5. We are thankfully all in good health, but want something that would cover the kids if they got ill, say needing tonsills out for example and access to consultants. Taking the above as an example, for tonsills to be removed, would the insurance cover this operation in any private hospital and we'd only pay the excess? The price of health insurance seems to be sky high, with not much return or benefit. Any advice on a suitable plan for our family requirements?

Hi Stella,

Welcome to AAM.

Its is a minefield indeed and in light of your particular queries it would probably be best if you speak to the insurance companies. Queries regarding specific procedures and which hospitals are covered for same may also differ from one company to another.

Thanks for the quick reply. We've trawled through numerous policies but was asking in here in case there was someone with a similar family set up on a decent plan. We've decided VHI as a few friends have had good experiences and their swift clinics for minor injuries etc and locations would be beneficial with our kids ages