VHI cost for adding a dependent to my plan (B)

nennec

Hi Folks,

I know I'll get the usual "go and ring them" replies but stay with me for a second!

I filled out the "add dependent" form on the VHI website expecting a quote to be returned. Instead the message said they'd "process the details". I assume this means that they're gonna bill me straight away. I wanted to see how much it'd cost to add the girlfriend. Can anyone gimme a guide price? Is it the twice the cost of a single adult?

Oh and I would ring but I'm in New Zealand it's it's not really practical at the moment!

Thanks for any replies,
Ciarán

It'll be twice the current adult cost, probably prorata from date of joining to your renewal date, instead of a full year.

Make sure to claim the group discount. It used to be the case that almost everybody could claim it - e.g. through local CU or job or whatever. I presume that it's the same these days?

Have you compared the market? You may well be able to get a much better deal with one of the other operators. As far as I know there are no switching costs

Thanks NovaFlare, I kinda figured they weren't offering any wonderful discount for couples! :)

Well, under the legislation, they can't offer any discount, other than the Group Scheme discount which can only be a maximum of 10%. As Clubman says, make sure you ask for it if you're not getting it (although chances are, you're already getting it so it will automatically apply to your girlfriend).

From what I can see, VHI and Hibernian offer the discount as much as they can. QUINN started withdrawing the discount at the start of this year.

I filled out the "add dependent" form on the VHI website expecting a quote to be returned. Instead the message said they'd "process the details".

What.. Hi-tech and the VHI!!!. What that means is that the website 'form' is sending a email containing your query/request to them. Someone will look at the email and respond to it.

Back