very slow pc

bsloe

my brother has a dell pc pentium IV with 128 RAm and its very slow. Its running XP which may be part of the problem because AFAIK you need 256 RAM to run XP efficently. I have used Spybot and Adware and it has come up clean. does anyone have any other suggestions?

I am going to put another 128 RAM into it but there has to be some other reason why it is so slow!!!

Yes, you just need more RAM. Im suprised it runs XP at all. If you can get RAM cheap, then add 256MB. Search online or come back if need sources.

RAM prices are low these days, I'd go for more RAM if you can afford it and your PC can take it, also defrag your hard drive(s)

Yes - get some memory from www.shop4memory.co.uk They have brilliant prices and deliver post free and with a couple of days. I found them excellent. Even better.. use their memory configuator (if you got a common brand like dell) on the site to find what ram type you need. Hope this helps. XP really needs 512Mb to breathe easily especially after service pack 2 came out a few years ago.