Very Rare U2 Album

Lex Foutish

Not sure if I'm posting in the correct area. I have a double live album (LP) of U2's concert in Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork on Sat., Aug. 8th, 1987, (The Edge's 27th birthday). It was the final concert of the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour. It's entitled "The Cork Connection" and is dedicated to the Cork U2 road crew.
I bought it in a record store in Boston the following year for a bit more than the cost of an ordinary album at the time.
Is it worth a few bob?

Thanks extopia. Same one. And there I was planning an early retirement! Looks like I'll be going to work again tomorrow morning after all!

The only rare U2 disc is the limited edition 12" single U2-3, of which only 500 copies (I think) were pressed.

I'm not U2's greatest fan but I was actually at that Cork concert in 1987. Great occasion. I remember The Edge's wife popped out of a huge birthday cake Bono had brought onto the stage.

Nah, Bono thought he was god even back in '79. They never changed really, that's part of the appeal.

I was there - great days. Twas my leaving cert present and I went to Dublin with £20 and was told to bring home change. I stayed with my friends aunt and came back home on the train with £2 which my mother allowed me to keep.

I was there too....got an unexpected last minute ticket while ion holidays & we hitched up to Cork (in the days it was "safe" to hitch). Remember the cake.....great concert

that double LP is a bootleg. Not worth a whole lot.

U2 have quite a few entries in the 2010 Rare Record Price Guide. Depends on what you call 'rare' but a few three figure sums.

Back