Very noisy water pump

extopia

3 story timber frame house, 5 years old (we purchased last year).

Electric pump in utility room pumps hot and cold water to all taps (except kitchen sink cold). Pump brand is Wilo Hi-Multi

Pump is very noisy - located under stairs.
Sitting in some type of acoustic board but the sound reverberates everywhere and there is no acoustic damping anywhere in the house that I can see.

Any suggestions for a quieter pump or how to make this one quieter?

Thx

Here’s the setup:
IMG_6840.jpeg

If you could get a bit of rubber the same thickness as the board underneath the pump it would help.
Also are the pipes that are covered by the insulation made of copper?
If you replaced them with more flexible pipes it would also help.

If you replaced them with more flexible pipes it would also help.
Exactly what I was thinking, many of the booster pumps will specify to use flexible braided hoses for this reason. Indeed the shower booster pump I recently installed came with flexi-hoses and the warranty demanded that they be used. I looked up the Wilo manual for this one and it states rigid or hose can be used. The one I looked at (not sure which exact model you have) specifies noise rating of 63dB, you'll get pumps that are quite a bit quieter than that.

Can you tell if the noise is coming from the pump itself or from the pipes vibrating or both?

Without determining the source of the noise, it is difficult to offer a useful solution

Back