Verona hotels

zag

Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels in Verona ? We are planning on going there in the summer for a few days and want to pick somewhere nice to stay.

I understand the centre of Verona is pretty much all old buildings, so the hotels there are old, charming, original and . . . . small. I value the first three of those, but I really don't want to be stuck in a tiny room in a small hotel. Had a bad 'small hotel' experience in London a while back and do not want to repeat the experience.

If there are going to be any bigger, more modern hotels I reckon they will be further out from the centre. I don't mind getting taxis or walking in if necessary, but I don't want something that is 30 minutes outside the centre or nearer Venice than Verona.

So, does anyone have any recommendations for central hotels which are genuinely not small (i.e. not a converted house) or alternatively for hotels further out which have big rooms but are not too far out ?

Thanks,

z

use http://www.venere.com (www.venere.com)

filter by guest ratings (ignore those with only a few votes) and then scroll down till you find one in your price bracket... then just double check it's location.

In 2003, I stayed in the Best Western hotel in Verona. It was a good 20/25 minute hoof into the centre of things. It was borderline "Taxi" territory.

The hotel itself had everything without being particulalrly noteworthy. For example, the breakfast was adequate - nothing more. The rooms were were normal sized, reasonably modern and very clean.

All-in-all, I'd stay there again if back in Verona.

Back