Verizon shares and Computershare problem

10amwalker

Hi,

Looking for some help please as I am being given the run around.

Following the vodafone and verizon split I decided to purchase some verizon shares. Computershare Investor Services are the company for the vodafone shares and the verizon shares.

I registered online with Computershare and they forwarded a user ID and password back in August 2014.
In September I called Computershare to purchase some additional verizon shares. A company called TD Direct Investing was the company that I dealt with as Computershare use this company for the trading of shares.
I was given a price and I sent a cheque the same date (beginning of Sept) for the amount quoted.

I was aware of the EX Dividend date so was comfortable that the dividend would be paid for the newly purchased shares.

Then the fun started.
I received a letter from Computershare confirming my share purchase and a settlement lodgement slip. As I had sent the cheque I ignored the request.
After a few weeks I checked on line and my number of shares had not increased.. still only the 3 from the vodafone deal.

It does say in the FAQ's that it can take some time for the portfolios to be adjusted.
In October I followed up with an email to Computershare and they could not find my new holding. I then contacted the trading house and they did acknowledge that I had purchased the shares and advised that there had been a delay in lodging the cheque. I was told to contact Computershare in a few days time. I did this and again Computershare told me they had no record of my new holding.

I went back to TD Direct Investing (trader) who then told me that I had to contact Computershare USA as verizon shares are held by Computershare USA and not Computershare Europe.

Sent a mail to Computershare USA and they can't find my shares either ?

What should I do ?
I have reviewed the complaints procedure for Computershare and they can refer the matter to another company if they are satisfied that another firm is responsible for the cause of the complaint.
Am I a customer of Computershare or TD Direct Investing ?

PS: I should have sold the 3 verizon shares :rolleyes:

Back