Venue for confirmation meal

ney001

Hi guys

Looking for a venue in Dublin for dinner after a confirmation. We are having difficulty booking anywhere decent because they will only take parties of over 20 etc in the restaurants. There is only 7 in our group and we would be looking to eat at around 2 or so on Tuesday.

Also, can anybody think of a nice activity to do as a family after the meal - something a 12 year old would like.

had a very nice lunchtime meal in Browns Barn in Citywest recently - it wasnt crowded at all, venue was very nice, food good, staff very courteous and helpful etc...

as for activity - what kind of a 12 year old? what are they into?

hey, 12 year old girl - no particular interests, bowling or cinema possibly!

Bowling, cinema, the zoo, natural history museum (i loved it as a kid - not all kids would), quasar, horse riding.....all depends on what the child herself is into - if she is a more mature 12 year old who is body/fashion conscious she might enjoy something more adult like a beauty treatment?

Flanagans on OConnell St should definitely take your booking! The food is reasonably priced and the menu is extensive but not too fancy so should be something for everyone! As for activity afterwards..how about stroll down to the docks and take one of the dublin boat tours (id wait awhile after eating though ;)) http://goireland.about.com/od/dublintours/gr/dublintours08.htm

Hey guys thanks for replies, was thinking more along the lines of a hotel if possible? - looking for a fairly good hotel/restaurant. I say hotel because we could perhaps get some nice photos and have a drink afterwards in the bar. - not really worried out price, just getting it hard to get a meal for 7 in hotel at that time of day!. Would also consider Wicklow or Dublin surrounds.

Hi, I have been searching like mad but cannot find any good hotel or restaurant in Dublin that serve Dinner before 5.30 or 6 - the confirmation is a 12, so we will be looking to eat about 4 - does anyone have any ideas, getting desperate now!

Maybe not what you are looking for but how about Thunderroad Cafe in temple bar. Its a good fun place for Kids -but the adults may not like it.

Hi
I don't know any hotels, but I've recommended this restaurant here before: Nonne Valentina, on the canal in D8. I've been there during the daytime over the last while, and there have definitely been family parties there, looked like confirmation age group (I can't remember if it was weekday or weekend though). They definitely serve food at the time of day you're looking for.
The restaurant looks fancy, but service is relaxed and food yummy. You can also look out at the swans while you're having your dinner, which is nice. You could also maybe take photos outside on the canal? The menu(Italian) is good for grown ups, but you might have to check what they'd do for children.
No affiliation, but one of my favourite restaurants in Dublin,
:)
Nicola

I remember for my confirmation, I requested that we go to the Shelbourne Hotel. The Horseshoe bar is lovely too.
Also loved Quazar when I was a kid, although this might not be so practical if she is decked out in her confirmation clothes. Bowling or what about a Dublin City tour, Viking Splash tour. Just trying to think of something different, the the group of you can do. (no connection to any of these places BTW)

best of luck and HTH

Creme egg

[broken link removed]

I read a few weeks ago that the Senate chamber will be relocated there while some renovations take place.

I suspect that is the real cause for it remaining closed indefinitely rather than the stair case, given how long it has been closed at this stage. A conspiracy theorist might think that someone sabotaged the staircase so the senate would have somewhere local to relocate to and not have a walk to their free parking...

The Glenview Hotel in Glen o' the Downs is lovely. Had my wedding there but know of a few who brought their kids for communion or confirmation. Lovely gardens for pics and child friendly too.

Back