Ventilation locks for PVC windows

pennypincher

I'm looking for some sort of locking device that will allow my wife to leave some of the bedroom windows open and secure.I see Atlantic have a locking system but only for wooden casement windows.Does anyone know where I would get a similar device for PVC windows or if it's even possible to do with PVC windows?

Is there not a second latch on the window? Have a look you may be able to leave the window open a jot but securely locked

What you want is a handle with a night vent - instead of one slot for locking closed it has a second slot which leaves the window slightly open but not noticably visable form outside and can still be locked. If you want it open aprox 100mm you want a restrictor. Your window supplier should be able to get them for you - he/she probable won't fit them for you as they would be against regulations, but if you are anyway diy handy you should be able to do it yourself.

As the fire regulations changed at the beginning of June there will be alot of new fittings coming onto the market place to do what you want. The new regs state that a fire escape opening must have a restrictor fitted.

aaahhhh, love is..........

pennypincher said:
I'm looking for some sort of locking device that will allow my wife to leave some of the bedroom windows open and secure.

Thanks guys,I've copied and pasted these messages,for the next time I get grief over not picking up after me!!Still having a problem finding such a lock for PVC windows but it's either that or a dog or else the windows will remain closed!!

Do you mean leaving the windows ajar at night for ventilation? Unless there is a significant security risk (e.g. you are on the ground floor or there a ground floor roof below the window or you live in the ghetto) then surely it's reasonable to leave them ajar at night without any special locking mechanism? We do and have never had any problems.