Vending Machine

walshey

I know there was a previous thread on this but as far as I see this is from a few years back.

Just looking for some comments from anyone who has experience in running a single vending machine as a sideline recently.

From your experience is this a good idea or not worth the hassle?

I can buy a machine for 1000euro pretty modern which can contain both snacks and drinks, but I was wondering, to make any money from it, what kind of sales would one need to be making on a weekly basis. What kind of profit margins exist

My idea is to place the machine in a work premises where there are currently around 30people working, there are no shops close by so they would have to get in their car and drive if they were looking for a snack.

Is 30 people too small a number to make this work ?

What other hurldes or obsticles did you come accross while running such a venture.

Thanks In Advance,

Walshey

If each bought something a day at av 1 euro that would be 30e a day or 150 a week. Not enought people to make a profit.

You need to calculate the profit you can make on the machine. So for example - if you make 30c profit per item and the machine takes 100 times, the profit is then 30 euro to empty the machine. If it takes 1 month to empty the machine then you are earning rough and tough 30 *12=320 euro a year. So you will make your money back after 3 years. If this is going to be a franchise - then it could be a good starting point. If it is only going to be the 1 vending machine, then you might need to look at a different location.

1000 euro is not bad for trying to start something new. If it does not work, at least you have the chance to sell the vending machine on...and your loss is not that much ! Also, if it does not work out in 1 place at least you can shop around and try and get a better place to fit it. It might do well in a pub ??? Not sure if the pubs would allow that though !

Back