Vegetarian: where to eat in Wexford?

suds

Hi there - having a weekend in Wexford town soon. Mr Suds and myself are both veggies - but are not fussy eaters otherwise. We like most 'foreign' food (except Chinese). Italian is good, Lebanese/mediterranean
even better. Any ideas on where might be good to eat?

Fordes do very good vegetarian dishes but they are a bit pricey and booking is generally essential. Try and get in for the early bird prices up to about 7.30. The Mukhut is a excellent Indian restaurant which does a good selection of veggie food, there's Robertinos (Italian) but having eaten there once or twice I can't say I was that impressed. You will find most places have at least one or two veggie options on the menu, during the day it's worth checking out the cafe in the Westgate ( gift shop with a large canteen style cafe in the basement) - I 'd particularly recommend the basil and cheese baked potato!

In our family there is one vegan, one vegetarian and one fish but no meat eater and it's become much easier to eat out the last couple of years.

There's also a couple of Healthy Food shops ( Only Natural and Only Natural too) which sell veggie snack foods.

Thanks for that - it'll get me started nicely. Off to google Fordes....

Hi - haven't gone yet. Going Paddy's weekend - I just like to plan ahead!

Hi there,

I was in Springsteens only yesterday - fab restuarant, def worth a visit.