Vegas Hotel Recommendations

*questions*

I know there are plenty of sites for hotels in Vegas and there are quite a few cheap options which is waht I'm interested but its always good to get a recommendation to saomeone whose been there... so any advice welcome

gives reviews of hotels by people who have stayed in them.

the best Vegas hotel I stayed in would be Paris with the MGM coming 2nd.

I stayed in Circus Circus (not good) and the Imperial (very old and dated).

Try stay on the strip so that you are in the mix of everything.

The venetian is amazing but proabably expensive...you might get some good deals on the Internet though.
The Excalibor is a good budget option, rooms are large, nice pools etc. It's also near on the same strip as all the other big hotels

Just back from Vegas. We stayed at the Luxor (pyramid hotel egyptian theme etc). We stayed on a Wed night and headed for Grand Canyon on Thurs, returning to Vegas on Sunday. Fri and Sat nights are expensive so be prepared to pay extra for your room versus a week night. We got the Luxor for $80 plus taxes per night. Their "tower" rooms are the most recently refurbished and you can get a mini suite for the same price as a standard room in the pyramid - ask for the upgrade (standard rooms are nice but the mini suite if you can get it is a bit of treat). We did plan to stay at Caesars or the Venetian etc. but when we got there, we really couldn't justify the extra cash for a room that you might not end up spending much time in. Stay on the strip though rather than downtown - it's where most of the nightlife is.

We went a few years ago and as it was booked late we did not have many to choose from we stayed in the Imperial Palace hotel as stated above it is old, but very central especially if you are going in the summer in the extreme heat as bus does be full to go up and down the strip, it was next to the Ventian which we had lovely dinners in and you spent most of your time in other hotels so no need to stay in ventian. We went to the bellagio for buffet breakfast etc.

I stayed in the Venetian for 3 nights (Fri - Sun) a couple of years ago for $90 per night. It is an amazing hotel & well worth the price.
I booked with a travel agent, so probably couild have got cheaper on the Web

Have stayed in:

The Luxor, Treasure Island, The Monte Carlo, New York New York over the years.

Others worth checking out, Excalibar, Mandelay Bay, MGM Grand, Alladin, Wynn, Ceasars Palace & The Bellagio.

Would suggest you sign up to online newsletters from some of the bigger hotels. They give special web only rates when you sign up.

Would have no problem in recommending any of the larger hotels. Always fancied the Venetian but normally a lot more expensive. Vegas is the sort of place where good hotel rooms are cheap (compared to here) but you only use them for sleeping.

We were there a month ago. Stayed in the NYNY but I spent most of my time in the MGM Grand due to the fact it had a poker room.

Enjoy.

Thanks for all the suggestions- i'm heading over later this month and only going to be in Vegas for a couple of nights mid week so i don't think I'll be spending all that much time in the hotel room- not really a gambler either having said that but really looking forward to checking it out

LIVERLIPS said:
We went to the bellagio for buffet breakfast etc.

We had the breakfast buffet at the Bellagio also - very good. Yoou should check out the Bellagio it is a fab hotel - the public payphones are gold!!!!

remember free drinks while you are gambling - even if you are just on the slots...

I recommend the Mirage. Rooms were gorgeous - but, like the other posters have stated - not that I spent much time in there. It's got a massive aquarium in the foyer, and an indoor jungley type place. Enjoy Vegas!

We stayed in the Rio a few years ago on a business trip ... it's a bit away from the strip but it was lovely ... they have a carnival theme ... and a fab night club.

Back