VAT RTD

bizman

Does the VAT RTD only reflect submitted VAT3 returns or does it reflect the whole accounting period?

For example, accounting period ends 30 November, November/December VAT return hasn't been submitted.

When completing the VAT RTD do we include November?

As far as I am aware the RTD is for the calendar year 1st Jan to 31st Dec

Sorry my mistake

Last edited:
The RTD covers what should be your accounting period.

If the RTD is up to 30-Nov then the Nov transactions should be included

Always wondered what happens if you simply ignore the RTD. I know of more than one VAT registered trader who never returns an RTD. Revenue never seem to make an issue of it. Not like a VAT 3

Always wondered what happens if you simply ignore the RTD. I know of more than one VAT registered trader who never returns an RTD. Revenue never seem to make an issue of it. Not like a VAT 3

If you have a revenue clearance cert for doing business with state bodies they will revoke it until you file the RTD. It will take over a year and a number of reminders before this happens. Outside of this I have not heard of any consequences for not filing

I have had countless incidences of tax refunds (VAT, PREM, CT, IT) being withheld from clients as a result of non-filing of RTDs. Never seen any other consequences though

Form 46Gs are next

Back