VAT on UK Work

Bobbi70

Scenario

1. Irish registered company doing work (supply & fit) in the UK for UK registered company. The work is construction based. Is this zero rated and VAT accounted for by the UK company under the reverse charge rule? Also do Irish company need to put anything on their invoice to cover them with the Irish revenue?

2. Same details as above but company is Irish registered. Is VAT charged at 13.5% even though work done in UK?

Have got some direction from the UK revenue but still awaiting a reply from Irish revenue, so any assistance would be appreciated.

Anyone???

There must be someone out there that knows about this....please!!!!!!!!

YOu have to fill out the revenues exporters form with your vat returns you will need to do this even if one month is NIL they chase it like mad... also make sure you get the company you are chargings VAT number you need it for the form

you will need to check as you are an irish company working in uk this may mean charging some sort of vat as you are not offically exporting any goods or services from ireland to the UK.. or maybe you are exporting the labour and skills..?

I have a similar question, somebody in Italy wants to purchase something from me. They say they are VAT registered. What if they makeup a VAT number or use somebody elses?

What obligations are on me to ensure their credentials are bona fide?

I have a similar question, somebody in Italy wants to purchase something from me. They say they are VAT registered. What if they makeup a VAT number or use somebody elses?

What obligations are on me to ensure their credentials are bona fide?

You can use this facility to verify that a particular VAT number is genuine.

You should also insist on seeing some sort of official document from their national Revenue body confirming that the quoted VAT number is theirs.

As a supplier, you are liable for any VAT shortfall arising from fraudulent or improper use of the 0% VAT intra-EU rate in this transaction.