Vat/Invoice Query

hjrdee

Just a quick question:

At work at the moment we are looking to redesign our invoices to show a cash price, and a credit price. So, one invoice for a single product would have two sections to it showing different prices. If paid within 7 days the price charged would be the cash price but slower payers would have to pay the credit price.

My question is whether it is legally allowable to have a vat invoice showing more than one price and more than one vat amount on it.

Hope that makes sense

Thanks

i wouldnt do that, the credit customers will pay the cash price, you could put on it that a discount of €xx is available if paid before DD/MM/YY

The way to do it is as contemporary says. Customer will all pay the lower discounted price if its on the invoice, even if its 2 months later!

Yes, I agree with the above posters. I used to work in an a/c dept of a large clothing shop where most purchases were from germany. Those invoices used to show the total amount and if paid within 7 days you could take a discount of x %.

This did'nt cause a problem as there no vat element as they were an import from another eu country.

I know where I work now if someone takes a large discount I do a cr note for the discount rather than having to pay the extra vat that the customer was charged (every penny counts ;) )

Back