Varnishing Swedex doors

Pope John 11

Does anyone have a method statement for varnishing the external face of Swedex timber doors. Unfortunately I'm not a varnishing expert at all & would appreciate any help regarding this.

We asked about our wooden doors and skirting (raw wood) and the paint man said, 3 coats of varnish/3 sandings, as in sand, paint, sand, paint, sand and then the final paint. I was like, WHAT! Getting someone in to do that job, but anyway, I presume it is the same for external doors, except get external varnish.

The doors are already varnished originally....however they have since faded....so the doors require to be sanded initially then varnished & do this three times.

[broken link removed]

rationel equivalent to Swedex - see last pages

Cheers for that....

Buot could yuo please explain in leymans terms what is required.

The exisiting swedex doors are already varnished externally....but have since faded.

Do I sand them down...varnish....& repeat this 3 times???

Hi, I wouldn't be an expert as you have probably guessed but I would say give it a good sand down, no need to go crazy though, just to get it smooth, clean and even, not necesarily taking all the old varnish off and then, varnish it twice. I think it is just new raw wood that needs the whole sanding down/varnish treatment. Actually, since I posted that saying 3 times I have asked a few people and they all said it is a matter of personal opinion but to do it 3 times is unnecessary, twice is enough.

Cheers for that Abbica....was a bit concerned about removing the existing varnish alright....a light sand & then varnish...& I will do it twice...Cheers