van hire - info needed

Gordanus

have been trying to hire a van to do a house move (apartment actually). Very frustrating endeavour. Either the websites aren't working and they don't answer their phones, or the websites are half-working (and they don't answer their phones). anyone got a good recommendation ? Or even for a man-with-a-(transit)van? Thanks.

Sheehy's Naas 045-906626, Angela.

Big LT van or Transporter.

I would second the recommedation for Prestige on Palmerstown. I have used them on a few occasions and found them to be much cheaper than anyone else esp when you use your own car insurance transferred onto the van.

Like kyote00 I've used Murphy van hire and they were very good. They have a small truck with a tail lift that can be driven on an ordinary license. This thing was invaluable when moving house - got a whole 3 bed house done in 3 loads. They also have a load of transits which may be more appropriate for a smaller load. We moved over a weekend and there is a special rate Saturday -> Monday. One thing to bear in mind if you go for this option is that everyone turns up at the same time Saturday morning and it may take a while to get the keys of the van. The day we went in, the guy behind the desk was dying with a hangover and it took nearly an hour and a half to get started.

I have also used Murphy's recently and found them good also. Waived excess milage charge as i didn't get to pick up the van up at the time agreed as the guy that hired it before me was a little late in leaving it back.