Valencia

Sunny

Hi all,

Thinking of getting away for a couple of days and someone suggested Valencia...Anyone got any experiences?

I went to a wedding there about 2 years ago and stayed for about 4 days. I loved it. It's a very relaxed city. It struck me as less cosmopolitan than Barcelona but this was one of the things I liked about it - the shops still closed at lunch, if you went out for a drink in the evening the bars were full of spaniards etc. The Old city is very pretty and the beach was nice enough. We didn't make it to the Aquariam but others in the wedding party did and said it was spectacular. I'd definitely give Valencia the thumbs up.

Gnash

Was in Valencia last year for a few days and really enjoyed it. Stayed [broken link removed] but the website does not do the place justice. Splendid hotel and gets excellent reviews on .

Theres loads to see and do and is only a short tram ride from the beach.

Valencia is really great- a beautiful city with plenty to do and some great bars and restaurants. Will certainly be going back.

Valencia is a lovely undiscovered city, in my opinion.

There is the old town, with windy narrow streets, and little plazas with bars and restaurants.
There is also the modern part, which looks really space-age, with the new buildings around the aquarium. They are surrounded by a big park and some lakes - its very different! The aquarium is well worth it if you are into nature or scubadiving.
The beach is about 4km out of town - I didnt go, so cant comment.

I'd defininitely recommend it for a weekend. Having said that there are loads of other places in spain I'd recommend for a weekend too!
I way preferred it to Barcelona (which was choc-a-bloc with tourists and stray dogs).

Stayed there for 4 days last year. lovely cafe bars and shopping is good also.