Vaccinations - Singapore

DipsyChick

Hi,

We are having a one night stopover in Singapore, on the way to and from Australia and New Zealand. We are getting conflicting information on whether or not we need vaccinations, does anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanks.

We had a three day stopover there, and didn't get any vaccinations... or feel that we needed them. Assuming you're any way sensible, you should be fine without. They blitz the whole city for mosquitoes, which eliminates one of the big potential disease carriers, and food preparation from what we saw is scrupulously clean.

Definitely nothing needed for Singapore - you could eat your dinner or most of the streets there :)

how can you take medical advise from someone called EvilDoctor...mmmm

Definitely no vaccinations required for Singapore...

. they spent 1.8 million on the christmas tree on Orchard Rd in Singapore this year. apparently decorated with diamonds !! Great atmosphere there this time of year

No need - I spent three weeks in Thailand with no vaccs.

Just make sure you drink bottled water and don't eat from street vendors. Also, I wouldn't touch meat over that part of the world (especially chicken).

No need - I spent three weeks in Thailand with no vaccs.

Just make sure you drink bottled water and don't eat from street vendors. Also, I wouldn't touch meat over that part of the world (especially chicken).

Singapore and Thailand are two very, very different places. Street vendors in Singapore - particularly those in the large foodcourts, are very clean.

Its against the law to even chew gum in the streets in singapore in case you dirty the pavements or so I was told by a philli emigrant, I was near there 2 years ago and had nothing,

Back