Vaccinations for Thailand and Cambodia

daithid2000

Hi,

Does anyone know if these are essentials? I have heard of a few people who didn't get them, especially going to Thailand (Koh Samui).

Re: Vacinations for Thailand and Cambodia

It really depends what parts you are going to and what you will be doing there.
I spent a few months travelling around South East Asia, and did a bit of treking in both Cambodia and Thailand. I went to my local TMB and got Hep A and B, tetanus, typhoid and took a course of doxicycline(for Malaria) while I was there.
Best advice would be to visit you GP or TMB. Better safe than sorry!!

Excuse my ignorance but whats a TMB!? I'm going to Bangkok and Koh Samui in Thailand (both of which I heard you dont need them for) and Cambodia (Siem Reap, and Pnomh Penh) which I'm not sure about.

I've heard it costs €150. That sounds quite steep.

Re: Vacinations for Thailand and Cambodia

Sorry I posted my last reply twice.
Daithi2000 , the tmb is the Tropical Medical Bureau www.tmb.ie. €150 may sound steep but to be honest its money well spent. I would rather not be sick away from home. I think you will need vaccines for Siem Reap and Pnomh Penh,as I assume you are going to the killing fields and Angkor? You can get the doxicycline over the counter in Boots in Bangkok, as we did. Cost about €8 for a 3 month course

HAve'nt a clue about Cambodia but definitely not necessary in Smaui and Bangkok. Been to Thailand twice last year and never botherred.

Back