vaccinations for egypt.

lorr01

hi

just wondering do i require vaccinations for egypt as am going for 2 weeks.

thanks

Check out the tropical medical bureau which does suggest some vaccinations for Egypt, depending on what you intend doing there.

www.tmb.ie

We had Hep A, Hep B, polio, and typhoid in 1998 before we went (never thought of tetanus :eek: ) Thought at the time we were being over cautious, don't think so now after looking at yr link gipimann!

You really should consider getting Hepatitus A and Typhoid (usually a combined vaccination).

Also, a lot of travellers get stomach/diarrhoea problems in Egypt at some point or other. Immodium is not really much good; you can get stuff called Antinal in the local pharmacies; works really well (local drugs for local bugs). Also bring some rehydration salts as well.

I'd be a small bit concerned re misinformation provided by previous poster re no vaccines req'd.
Egypt is a place where u certainly need vaccinations as listed by other posters

Only drank bottled water but still got a touch of Monizuma's revenge, probably from food.

Where are you intending to visit ? There is also regional Malaria advisory issued at certain times of the year. We were advised ( living in the UK at the time ) to have Hep/polio/typhoid/tetanus shots and at the time we travelled and the regions we were visiting we were advised that the anti malaria was not required. I do seem to remember a painful reaction to the typhoid shot. And I can second the local drug for local bug approach...you will almost certainly have a stomach prob.

Back