Vacancy on FSO Council

Brendan Burgess

Founder
[broken link removed]

Appointment to the Financial Services Ombudsman Council

The Minister for Finance invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for a position on the Financial Services Ombudsman Council.

In the context of the planned amalgamation with the Pensions Ombudsman, experience of that sector will be particularly relevant. The candidate must have significant senior level experience of one or more of the following:
Consumer protection and other consumer issues relating to theprovision of financial services;
The financial services industry;
The pensions industry.

In addition, it is desirable that the candidate have:

Previous board experience previous corporate governance or audit committee knowledge or experience;
knowledge of alternative dispute resolution methodologies;
knowledge of corporate social responsibility issues / developments;
knowledge of complaints handling and resolution
knowledge of consumer engagement regarding rights and entitlements

Appointment to be made by
  • Minister for Finance
Location of Board Meetings
Dublin

Relevant Website
  • [broken link removed]
Information Booklet
[broken link removed]

Reference ID

Brendan, I think your over qualified again for this one, but it would be awesome to have someone who is a real consumer advocate on the inside, who is objective and willing to go against the grain when necessary.

I'd like to nominate you as a candidate, if anyone would second it!

Thanks, but it's not a good use of my time.

The Council has very little power. The Ombudsman makes all the policy and all the decisions.

It would be a good idea to have an informed consumer advocate on the Council, so someone who has been involved in one of the recent campaigns e.g. mortgage rates or ptsb trackers would be ideal.

In fact, someone who made a complaint would be very useful.

Brendan

Back