V5C and the VRT

Shunnock

I've brought a car in from UK on Thursday, bought from a dealer and delivered by a transport company. My VRT assessment is booked for Monday morning however some of the V5C document is missing and dealer claims to have left it in the glove compartment yadda yadda in any case it has gone AWOL.

My question is, will it be sufficient to complete VRT assessment with parts 10, 11 & 12 only? They are also called V5C/2 and V5C/4

yes you do as they keep it.
However, from a road tax point of view I believe the date of first registration in the State, which is the day up pay the VRT, is the start date for road tax so if you push it into November then you don't pay tax for October.
I queried this on this site when I bought my car and was told that the relevant date for start of road tax was the import date so I rushed on with the VRT.
The car, once the VRT is paid is supposed to be logged automatically onto the NCT system, but it didn't work in my case, I rang NCT, they could see the car details they asked for date of first reg in State, I gave import date, they said: wrong answer. I then gave the date VRT was paid: right answer.
This cost me one months road tax: 110 odd, as my date of import was 14th, VRT paid on 25th and I bust gut to pay tax on 30th.

I've brought a car in from UK on Thursday, bought from a dealer and delivered by a transport company

Did you travel to see car? Did the garage arrange transport? Approx savings?

I travelled to see it, paid £200 deposit and organised my own transport €375 door to door. Probably saved €3,000 but higher spec is hard to find in Ireland