V-Power Unleaded

camel

Does anyone know what benefits there are to using the more expensive Unleaded petrol are? Shell call it V-Power, I think all the garages have their own brand. Thanks.

Yea, the petrol companies make more money.

Don't forget the Gov too!!!

To be serious, I have a sports car and used to put super unleaded into it the odd time (back when a litre was about €1 - no chance now) and it definitely ran quieter, smoother and slightly faster, but not enough to justify paying for it all the time.

The difference is minimal, but ensure that if it is a higher octane petrol that your car is ok to use it. I think you can run a petrol that is 'too rich' in some cars.

I wonder does anyone know if it has any probable financial benefit, i.e. extra price paid at the pump more than made up for by savings on car service etc.?

Look at the manual. If it says use ordinary grade petrol there's no advantage to higher grades. If you have a sports car, it may require higher octane petrol . It's all explained here.
[broken link removed]

I know a few people who had seriously old bangers, barely staying on the road, ( pre-NCT) who found that the higher quality petrol was a good idea - car always started, less cutting out etc, but found no difference with a more recent car that worked properly.

I would say in the majority of cases, it makes no difference.

Back