UTV Broadband connection

jasconius

Anyone notice that there are times when the connection repeatedly goes down, say 5 times in 15 mnutes, especially at weekends?

What precisely do you mean by "goes down"? Do you mean that you have to manually reestablish the ADSL via your router's administrative control panel?

Exactly, it comes up in a minute or less when you hit connect , but could be gone again 5 minutes later

I haven't noticed such disconnections myself. Could it be some local (e.g. ADSL modem/router) configuration? Did things work OK before and did these disconnection problems only crop up later? Did anything change between when it worked fine and started exhibiting problems?

I used to have this problem with Utv's Blaster modem/router using USB port. Solved it on taking advice from their technical support.

It will always stay connected if you do the following: Go to http://192.168.1.1/doc/index.htm

Switch to Admin mode, then click on WAN configuration. Under
PPP configuration (optional) you'll see:

Enable auto reconnect to ISP when lauching web browser? If you enable this, it will prevent disconnection. Hope this works for you.

In case it's relevant I connect to my UTV Creative Blaster via ethernet rather than USB.

I'm having similar problems with my Esat BT Zyxel router. Every time I plug everything (PC and router) out, I have to manually reset the router (rest button at back) and log back on through the router's control panel.
Is leaving everything plugged in the answer?

Back