Utv and Wireless

IrishGunner

Hey

Just in case anyone is interested asked them about going wireless and they came back with the below

We are currently investigating wireless dsl solutions- we have a variety
of manufacturers products to sample. Once we have decided on the model
to supply, customers (existing UTV and new) will be able to buy the
equipment directly from our web site.

The information relating to this should be available in the next few
weeks

I have a Zyxel modem so this does not have the capability to go wireless...where is the 6 million dollar man when you need him

What do they mean by "wireless DSL"? A DSL router with a built in 802.11 wireless access point or (pre-)WiMax/802.11n etc. wireless backbone (e.g. like Irish Broadband and others offer)?

ClubMan said:
What do they mean by "wireless DSL"? A DSL router with a built in 802.11 wireless access point or (pre-)WiMax/802.11n etc. wireless backbone (e.g. like Irish Broadband and others offer)?

To quote Mr Patronising himself Mr Gay Byrne

Ya What??

I have a clicksilver plus account with them and want to go wireless but the modem they provided is not sufficient

To technical for me but I will ask them

I imagine that they mean that they will soon be selling/providing wireless enabled ADSL routers which include an 802.11 wireless access point/router for wireless LAN access - as opposed to the other possibility that I mentioned above of providing a wireless backbone between their site and your home. Not sure if that clarifies at all.

Back