UTV and Telestunt

D

dominoman

Does anybody know If I can use Telestunt if I sign up to UTV talk and broadband. The number for Telestunt is 1890 943 123. I use it all the time to call the US. Australia and France for the price of a local call. Will this number be banned from calling??

Also what is their service like for Braodband.

Telestunt works fine with UTV phone package. Been with UTV for about 18 months.

Don't have broadband so can't comment.

John

Have UTVTalk - Only problem I've seen is with 13636 from TalkTalk [from Carphone Warehouse] (initially traded as Vartec).

If you're with Eircom you can pick and choose to put calls through third party providers by e.g. dialling 13636 before the number (which is a good idea 9-5 if your call is going to be > 3 minutes)

If you're not with Eircom (e.g., with UTVTalk), such third party provider prefixing is disabled.

(But overall there are no problems with UTVTalk and this is the only negative I've found, and it is fair enough as you are getting the first hour of all off-peak calls free)

In your case you are using a normal 1890 call to get through to your provider which is fine.

BTW AFAIK 1890 calls are not included in the free calls, so if you have an e.g. 01 access number for the other provider, you'd best use it if you can.

(Same goes for free dialup -- 1891 numbers are not free on UTVTalk or Eircom Options, but the 01 number is, but they work very hard at hiding that fact and the 01 number for obvious reasons)

Have been with talk utv for almost a year. There's no confusion re charging for calls. Yes , you can access Telestunt 1890 and indeed 1520 numbers. These are charged at the same rate as Eircom. These access numbers plus 1850 , 1530 all attract some type of charge as they are non-geographic; but as I say utv charge the same rate as Eircom.
Have been on broadband ' Clicksilver " for a few months and find it satisfactory. You can choose to pay extra / cease if you exceed your monthly download allowance. Other posters here on AAM have been recommending Esat bt( ? ) recently. ( check Broadband Options )

bartelink said:
BTW AFAIK 1890 calls are not included in the free calls, so if you have an e.g. 01 access number for the other provider, you'd best use it if you can.

(Same goes for free dialup -- 1891 numbers are not free on UTVTalk or Eircom Options, but the 01 number is, but they work very hard at hiding that fact and the 01 number for obvious reasons)

What are the 01 numbers, are they dial-up numbers, and if so, do you know the numbers, i.e. for UTVInternet or Eircom etc?

Back