Using Private vehicle to advertise new web site

s2000

Hi all,

Have not been on here in a while, been busy developing a new web venture. My question relates to this. I have a personal jeep (not a commercial and not through my limited company) and if I wanted to advertise my new website on the side of it are they any implications to this from a company, tax or insurance etc point of view?

Any info or past experience greatly appreciated.

Thanks a mil,

Adrian

I would be surprised if it was an issue given the fact that we are all advertising the garage we bough our cars off.

Good point actually! Just wonder would it be seen as a work vehicle or would the insurance see it as such....

Insurers take different stances regarding advertising stickers / logos attached to private vehicles. Some take the view that it constitutes commercial use of the vehicle and infringes the "social domestic and leisure use" qualification of a private policy, others take the view (once informed) that it has no effect.

This is based on information gleaned from a number of insurers last year for a charity fund-raising initiative / road-trip using stickered cars. We all went on the trip, some with stickers, some without.

Check with your insurers.

Back