Using PC LCD screen as TV

Capaill

Folks

I have a spare 15" LCD screen that was bought for a PC which I have no immediate use for. I was hoping that there may be some sort of box/convertor that I can purchase that I can plug my TV cable in one side and the screen on the other to allow me use the screen for an LCD TV screen.

Anyone aware of such devices?

Thanks

C

one, and here's a CNET review of it which also mentions a few other options. Not sure where you'd pick one up in Ireland, though.

If you still have the PC, you could check whether it already has a simple [broken link removed] (much less expensive).

thanks Dr. M. Looks what I need alright, although the UK price of £129 seems steep enough and would nearly get an LCD TV for that. e.g. Richer sounds have a Crown 15" LCD for €199 [broken link removed]

Thanks again

C

Yeah, I thought that too.

If your LCD monitor is fairly new/unused, you could try flogging it on to absorb some of the cost of the new TV? It should go fairly quickly over on the Boards.ie [broken link removed] forum, although you probably won't fetch as much for it as you might in the likes of Buy&Sell...

Back