Using my Ulster Bank Newry debit card

Brendan Burgess

Founder
I live in Dublin.
I have a sterling account in Ulster Bank Newry.

I made a payment over the phone yesterday and gave my card number , expiry date and CVV number - no problem.

But just now I tried to add sterling to my Revolut account.

It asks for my card number.
It sees that it is a UK card.
So it asks for a post code.
I put in my eircode
I get "Address not validated"

It's not just Revolut. It's any online payment where address validation is required.

Has anyone with a UK card and an Irish address found a way around this.
Ulster don't want me to put in a dummy UK address on my account.

Ulster Bank suggests calling Revolut. :)

Brendan

Last edited:
What about using the address of the bank in Newry ?

Or use an Irish account/card to fund your Revolut card and then transfer equivalent funds from your Ulster acc. to the Irish one.

Brendan, maybe I'm misreading this, but I transfer money the other way around. I set up my Revolut as a payee on my UB UK account. It's a doddle. I transfer money from UB to Revolut all the time.

When I'm paying using the STG UB card to the likes of Amazon, Book Depository etc., I called UB Customer Services UK, and they updated my ROI address with my IRISH Postcode. I haven't had a problem using the STG card since

@Brendan Burgess
Have you checked if you've got your EirCode populated as your postcode within your address settings in Revolut? The card address and your address must match exactly before Revolut will even attempt to validate against the banks data.
You can check under personal settings.

If that doesn't work, at what point exactly are you getting the error?

I transfer money the other way around. I set up my Revolut as a payee on my UB UK account. It's a doddle.

I can do that. But I find that Revolut is so much easier to suck in money from my AIB account.

And it does not solve the problem for other websites which check the postcode and expect a UK one.

:)

Just did it now to replicate the error and it worked.

It didn't ask me for the postcode.

I wonder did Ulster Bank make some change during or after my call?

Brendan
I had the same issue Brendan and spoke to customer services UK and they sorted it. Sounds like they did the same for ye.

Back