using laser\maestro

dodo

I have used this AIB card for the first time abroad to pay for things, I have not been asked for my 4 digit number just sign the bill, I have also used this card to take money from atm machines and it allowed me after I put in my 4 digit number, I was told this card can be used as a laser and banklink but when I checked my 24 hour banking i have no record from my current account that money has been taken from my new laser. this card was used over 8 days ago. my wife is also using the old banklink card until we get home and cancell it as the new card also works as a banklink card and money taken throught that card shows in current account on 24 hour banking.Just a ? is it possible this is also a visa card but I never asked for a visa only a laser card, plus I have enough cash in account for laser to work. thanks

I have used this AIB card for the first time abroad to pay for things, I have not been asked for my 4 digit number just sign the bill
You mean you have an AIB ATM card with Laser and Mastro on it? Is this a Chip and PIN card? If not then you will still be asked to sign rather than entering a PIN regardless of the fact that you enter a PIN at the ATM.
Have you checked with your bank why transactions seem to be going missing?
If it's VISA then it will say it on the card.

It does not say visa on the card, it says laser and beside that it has maestro and under where it says laser banklink is written, In Ireland when I used this card i had to use pin number as it is a chip and pin card, but abroad I am not asked to put in pin number I give them card and then they say please sign which I do, I am back home at the weekend so will drop into bank then, thanks

It does not say visa on the card
It's not a VISA card so.
In Ireland when I used this card i had to use pin number as it is a chip and pin card
That may be because you were using the Laser Chip and PIN facility.
but abroad I am not asked to put in pin number I give them card and then they say please sign which I do
That may be because Maestro is not covered by the Chip and PIN facility. Certainly if you are using the card abroad then you are not using the Laser facility on the card since this is specific to Ireland.
I am back home at the weekend so will drop into bank then, thanks
Why not contact them now?

It takes a couple of days for the transaction to show on your internet banking. Rest assured it will be debited.

Some countries have not changed over to Chip and Pin yet, or may be still in the process of changing over. So, when they see a foreign card, may swipe it rather than inserting it.

Maestro transactions from a foreign terminal, particularly if not processed 'online' may take a while to appear on your statement. I've had visa and mastercard transactions from various places take up to 28 days to post!