Using credit card to purchase

G

gillhamc

Morning

I am currently trying to fund a wedding and buy a house. A credit card with 6months interest free credit would be v useful to pay for some items. Is this possible or can i only avail of 0% interest for transferring funds?

Some CCs offer 0% on balance transfers AND further purchases. I'm not sure if they impose a minimum balance transfer before you qualify.

www.askaboutmoney.com/clu...EDIT_CARDS

I presume you know that you should only consider using this approach to funding something if you are sure that you can deal with the debt before incurring high rates of interest? Are you sure that you WILL be able to deal with this having sorted the wedding and when trying to settle into the house? If not you would be better off trying to fund these through lower cost borrowing such as your mortgage or a reasonably priced personal or CU loan.

tesco card

Was in Tesco last night and they had a banner up advertising that their credit card has 0% APR on both purchases and balance transfers fixed for the first 6 months. (Also get clubcard points when you use the card.)

tesco card

> A credit card with 6months interest free credit would be v useful to pay for some items. Is this possible or can i only avail of 0% interest for transferring funds?

Don't forget that you will be charged €40 stamp duty on any new card AS WELL AS on any existing card even if you get rid of the old one mid-year just in case you hadn't considered those costs. Tesco's previous offer covered this SD cost but unfortunately they don't seem to be doing it now.

Back