Using Business name in profile for Facebook

MrChill

Hi

Ive been searching hi and low as how to use your business name in your profile on Facebook. If I become a fan of a business "Fan" page, it shows my personal name. I'd prefer it shows the business name/logo photo. I noticed on my business "Fan" page some businesses have their name/logo shown.

How do they do this? According to the rules its not allowed.

Many thanks!

This is quite confusing I think, but I recently set up my companies Facebook page so I kind of have an idea how to go about it.

First you can NOT set up a business as a "profile" only as a "page". So what I did is set up a profile using my name and my work email address but I filled out the bare minimum of details (and I am not adding any friends to this profile). I then used this profile to create a page for my business. This is the page I am promoting to our customers - you don't become fans any more by the way you "like" a page now - I think the general effect is the same.

Anyway at the moment my page url is really long and not ideal for promoting. However, in the help pages on Facebook I discovered that if you get 25 people to "Like" your page then you can apply for a shortened url (depending on availability) e.g. facebook.com/yourbusinessname. So I am hoping to get to this level soon so I can get the shortened url. I have only 7 so far!!! And we have 2000+ customers!!!

Hope that helps!

re

Thanks for replying.

Ive done exactly as you.. Just set up profile with personal name and not adding friends or posts etc. I have my business page which is fine and over 100 "Like"ables.. However if I want to become a "Like"able on another business page, it shows my personal name and not my business name and logo which i'd prefer.

How do companies show their business name/logo when they become "Like"ables on peoples business pages?

ps How do you apply for the shortened URL?

Thanks again

Re

Just noticed. On following the link it accepted my new URL as Facebook.com/biz name. However the new URL now lands on my personal profile page which I don't use.. Frustrating!! I was hoping it may land directly onto my Business Page.

What happens if you have 2-3 business pages on the same profile? Do you still have the first business URL or can you toggle between them. Example facebook.com/biz1 and facebook.com/biz2

Thanks again!

Hi MrChill,

Did you click on the following:

"Set a username for your Pages."

On the link I sent you?

Re

Ah I see that now! Cheers! I have two seperate business pages. If I select facebook.com/biz1 can I also select facebook.com/biz2 or can you only have one (short) named URL? Thanks a mil for the advice! Just getting to grips with this FB Craze!!!