Using broadband microfilters when the telephone is hardwired

Protocol

In the house in question the original telephone is connected straight into the small Eircom box. There is no socket, i.e. the telephone cable is not plugged into a socket.

From the original small Eircom box other lines have been run to new sockets in other rooms in the house.

Now broadband is being activated.

What I am wondering is how will the microfilters work?

With the two new sockets, it's ok.

But with the original telephone being hardwired into the Eircom box, does it still need a microfilter?

Yes - you will probably need to rewire it to a wall socket or some other way so that you can add the microfilter.

If I go ahead and put two microfilters onto the two extensions that have sockets, but I do nothing with the hardwired phone, will the broadband work?

If I go ahead and put two microfilters onto the two extensions that have sockets, but I do nothing with the hardwired phone, will the broadband work?

may work , may work with disconnections , may not work at all...

depends on things like the quality of your wiring, distance from the exchange , connection speed , type of phone hardwired in, type of equipment eircom have at exchange and many many more.....

I forgot to put the filter on one of the phones and the broadband would not work. Plugging the filter in resolved it.