Used car VRT procedure

I registered my car about 6 months after moving back from UK. It's also a model that's not sold in this country, so my Registration Documents just say "Unspecified Model" as does my motor tax disc!!

Reg plate will be in the county of your postal address , regardless of what office you go to register car

I have had the misfortune to buy a car from the north back in October just before the economic downturn for which I could not drive as i was trying to sell my existing car to pay for the VRT.

Last week I sold my old car or should I say, almost gave it away in order to get my new car on the road. To my surprise, I contacted the VRT office to be told 1) the selling price for my new car had not been revised since July, 2008 and therefore, I will be paying well over the odds for a car that's value has reduced rapidly 2) Although BMW had been revised on the VRT Calculator, they will try and get to other cars!!! What does this mean...AHHH

I felt another way the government profiteering at the tax payers expense. With the local elections on the horizon, i felt duty bound to contact my local representative with a view of obtaining his support. Watch this space!!!