used car for cash

V

v-kierab

I am looking to purchase an '08 Mondeo 1.8 tdi. I have seen one for sale through a garage for 24 grand. Any idea in this market what a garage would accept for cash?

Unless a loan is arranged by the garage , most other payments methods are considered cash.
Your sucess in securing the car for less cash will depend on how much margin the garage is willing to accept.

Dont show huge interest in the car , and try to explain to salesman , that it will be his loss , rather than your gain ! ( if no deal is made )

If you're in no rush to purchase give them your number and ask them to call you when they're ready to accept €18k. It might be sooner than you think :)

They screwed us over in the good times, and a lot of these dealers are gonna go to the wall.. You'll be very surprised as to what they're willing to accept! Stick to ur guns, they really, really need the sales..

I got 20% off the sticker price last week on a used car from a dealer and even the sticker price was 20% lower than the average of what was being sold out there...

I didn't even really have to work on getting that

Got an 02 Almera recently - good condition/mileage - OK it's only an Almera but I got it for 3.5K which I thought was very good.

Thank you all for the replies. 5K might be on the lo side me feels. I'll keep you posted on the outcome . Going to see the guy this week.

Back