USD account in Ireland?

sbp123

Hi

I am working on a contract for an American company, and they are paying me via transfer to my regular current account in BOI. The conversion rate is horrendous, I am losing 10+% of the value of the payment at the moment the money lands into the account - I just cant keep up losing money like this...

I am a (new) Revolut user, so I can do the conversion there, but as they accept only transfers from personal accounts, I need an USD account which won't convert the funds...

Any suggestions? I am desperate about this :( Its like a daylight robbery I can't do anything about :(

Thanks in advance!
I

A 10% loss in earnings thanks to extortionate BoI FX rates is shocking.

PTSB, AIB, Ulster Bank, BoI, Investec and others offer USD accounts. PTSB pay interest on some of their USD products.

Thanks for quick reply... Before asking here I checked BoI and Investec and those are deposit accounts, so I made (incorrect) assumption that all USD accounts would be like that - but, as you rightly point out, AIB has a current currency account which is exactly what I require! Many thanks once again! :)

While Bank of Ireland are not good value for forex, they do not take 10%, more like 2.5%. If the OP is losing more than that then it is most likely bank transfer charges. An Irish dollar a/c might not save you from those so I would investigate further how the money is being lost and whether an alternative a/c will not have these charges.

Back