USB stick or???

justsally

Hope someone can help. I want to transfer pictures from a CD to digital frame, but I don't want to leave the computer on all the time. The photos are on a CD. What is the best option. Should I transfer them, via my laptop on to a USB stick or onto a memory card - I have a card reader for my camera. What should I do, buy USB stick or memory card, and where is the best place to buy. Hope I'm posting in the right location.

Thanks.

Which brand digital photo-frame? Does it not have its own storage? What does the user-guide say?

Most have a slot for memory cards I think, this is the way I have gone anyways.

I got one for Xmas and put on loads of photos and still had plenty of room left on the internal memory.

Check into this. If you connect it to your PC with a USB cable you should be able to treat it like a memory stick anyway. It will look like an additional drive when you go into 'MY COMPUTER'.

You should then be able to drag n drop your photo files from your CD (via PC) to the frame.

Thanks for the replies

It's an i-mate Momento 70 frame.

It has both memory and USB slots - but that's not the problem

the frame is not recognising my computer, even though I have returned it to factory setting and have reconfigured all settings. Still no joy. I got this for a present Christmas before last, would never buy one, the remote is way too slow and tempermentalI have "plugged in" a USB cable, regular size into the computer, mini end into the frame. It's not showing under 'my computer, properties' ???

Hence my reason for wanting to take the independent route. I will settle for transferring from CD to USB or Memory Card.

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions!!!! I have again re-set my frame to factory settings. I've again gone through the various steps, but still can't get the frame to recognise the laptop. The frame has a different MAC address to that of the frame. Is that normal? See I know nothing. When I connect a USB cable between the frame and the computer I get the message 'one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it'. Help please.

My photo frame and laptop use Wireless~ So should they have the same MAC address. Afraid the download info is way tooooo complicated