USB multi card reader - just stopped working

ci1

I bought a 2.0 USB Multi Card Reader for the memory card in my digital camera because I mislaid the usb cable for it.

I installed the software and used the card reader about 4 times now to download pics but yesterday when I plugged it in I got an error message to say the Device is not ready. The Device does not need to be charged and the blue light is coming on which is fine.

I have tried un-installing it and re-installing it but no joy.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I got onto the technical support who want me to send it to London for testing but I have just started a photography course and I really need it.

Any help is appreciated.

are you sure its the reader and not the card? have you tried other cards in the reader? is the card still working in the camera? have you rebooted the pc/laptop? have you tried the reader in a differect USB port and checked all connections are properly seated?

fyi:those readers can be be purchased and delivered (next day delivery) for very little 10-15euro

Have you checked in Device Manager, in the USB section with the device connected there should be a yellow triangle, click on it and check the error, it not it should say that it's working ok.

If it gives you a moments trouble bring it back, they are so cheap not worth spending any time at it.