USB Encryption(Travelling)

gerryp2000

I am looking for encryption software that will allow me to encrypt USB sticks that can be used on any PC in the world?

The only one I use is TrueCrypt but it needs to be installed on the computer. I think you can buy USB sticks with encyption built in, biometric scanners etc.

There are a few makers of usb stick who provide encryption software with the stick, basically it's an executable which formats the stick with an encrypted partition you then run an executable from the unencrypted part of the stick and on providing a password you are given access to files on the encrypted partition.
[broken link removed]
I also see that they have fully encrypted drives too.

Re: Fyi:

That looks handy never thought of that. Though it does say...

The only problem with using Truecrypt for your encryption though is that you need to have administrator privileges on the computer in which you’re plugging your encrypted USB stick into. So this would be no good for internet cafes for example. This would only be good if you were travelling between multiple trusted personal and work computers and you wanted insurance against theft or loss while travelling around.

Which kinda rules it out for internet cafes etc.

I bought the Kingston datatraveller locker a couple of weeks ago, and im quite happy with it. resizable secure area is a plus. though the model I got only support AES 128bit. still beats no encryption.
got the 16GB one for 70euro.
PM if you need more details.

Back