USB connection

mocky-Dower

Hi,

I have a Digital 8 Camcorder, I got a it a few years back, a Sony DCR-TRV140E. It came with Pixela ImageMixer to manage your videos etc and that was fine with Win2000 but now that I'm on Vista there seems to be a problem making the USB connection.

I checked the Sony site and the Pixela site and it looks like they have given up supporting this product. However, I need to transfer the video from my camcorder to my PC (Windows Vista) so my question is there any software tool that I can download that will allow me to make the connection or is there some function within Vista to do this ?

Thanks.

Yeah, I have searched and the closest I could get was on the sony europe site http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=DCRDVD203&news_id=128 but it looks like I'm in a spot as regards upgrade for USB 2.0 for this product, pixela is basic enough so that dosent bother me I justb want to get the the connection from my digital camara to the Vista PC working.

I'm going to ask at my local Sony centre to see what they say, I'll post any updates I get . .

Thanks

Back