US unions seek to remove secret Ballot

Purple

According to [broken link removed] guys there is a concerted drive from the leaders in US unions to remove the secret ballot. Is this a good idea?

Purple, thank you for that link, I always suspected that most of the US unions are criminal undemocratic pack of no gooders, just after their own interest...

Don't US Union leaders traditionally bury opponents in concrete, removing their eyes with tweezers first? Or have I been watching too many movies?

Didn't CJH attempt to bring in the same policy for party leader confidence votes in FF?

Nothing like here, then????
I think that's a bit unfair. I have jet to see any criminal activity or even the suggestion that of links to organised crime with unions in this country. While I often disagree with their protectionist stances and their policies which widen the poverty gap by pressing for pay increases for middle income earners I see their importance in protecting the vulnerable from exploitation. As an employer I support the idea of a living wage and so if what jdwex is correct I would agree with sourcewatch in their critique.

They seem to be part of this crowd
That does change the context quite a bit alright.