US Suspending Funding for a trip to the Moon by 2020. Don't have the know how?????

Yeager

Just heard this on the news. How appropriate I thought - is it a case they don't know how to?

I have always questioned if this is one of the worlds greatest hoaxes. I am not alone, there are plenty of skeptics. Its 30 years ago, there were hardly even coloured TV's at the time let alone send/land on the moon. Also why hasn't anyone gone back?

I love a bit of a conspiracy theory!

Re: US Suspending Funding for a trip to the Moon by 2020. Don't have the know how????

Because money was no object at the time.

It is now.

Re: US Suspending Funding for a trip to the Moon by 2020. Don't have the know how????

Yeager you're not alone, I am convinced the whole thing about landing on the moon in 1969 was staged for political reasons.

I believe now that some of the people involved at the time refuse to even discuss the matter in public.

Yeager you're not alone, I am convinced the whole thing about landing on the moon in 1969 was staged for political reasons. ...
+ a good few of us. If Chuck says it ain't so, it ain't so.

Are we all being fooled into thinking the earth is a sphere as well?

I have always questioned if this is one of the worlds greatest hoaxes. I am not alone, there are plenty of skeptics. Its 30 years ago, there were hardly even coloured TV's at the time let alone send/land on the moon. Also why hasn't anyone gone back?

12 people walked on the moon between 1969 and 1972. Wasn't that enough? Maybe they got bored sending them up, there's not that much to see there.

Apart from all the artifacts left on the moon which can be detected from Earth, there will be future expeditions there by the new space faring nations such as India and China. Hopefully these will silence any credibility the skeptics might have (I realise it won't silence the skeptics).

Because money was no object at the time.

It is now.

And the goal was to beat the Russians, which they accomplished.