US Green Card Lottery

Jockey

Hi,

I was enquiring about entering this lottery, does anyone know is this lottery actually legitimate or is it just a scam? The website i was looking at was www.usagc.org i entered my name etc on it last night and this guy rang today claiming to be calling from New York but had with a south american accent was looking for my credit card details but i told him i didnt have one and his mood suddenly changed! Could someone enlighten me on this "programme"?

Cheers

Jockey

Thats exactly what i thought, thanks ccovich. When someone is as desperate as to request your credit card details over the phone, then i told him i didnt have one, his response was we can make a conference call to someone you know that has a credit card and then they can pay, alarm bells definitely start ringing then!!

Jockey

There are several agencies that will submit your application for you - and charge you for the process. In the past I contacted one of these agencies, didn't use their services, but still get regular spam from them.

They're not necessarily a scam but there is no real need to pay someone to make an application for you since the application procedure is quite straightforward, CCOVICH's link explains it all.

I have applied several times but no luck as yet - although I have had family members who have been successful and taken up their greencards.

Best of Luck!

Back