Urgently need Dubai currency

R

r2d2

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes....

I'm heading to Dubai tomorrow and my bank just told me I should have ordered my required currency 2 weeks ago !!...It's not a big deal as there are ATM's in the Airport but does anyone know if there is somewhere in Dublin that I'd be more likely to get this currency at very short notice ??

Thanks,

Alan

I did the same going to India a few weeks ago - left it too late to get currency.

In the airport you may be able to get the currency, or else wait and change money when you get to Dubai.

Hi Alan

Dont worry about it

Are you going direct or via London,Paris or amsterdam? - if so the exchange bureaus in Heathrow etc etc will have dirhams in some qty.

If you are going direct - you might be able to get some in the airport.

If not - dont panic - the dirham is not a world currency and you really arent expected to have it outside the UAE - get it in Dubai Airport at a Western Union or equivalent or from an ATM with your visa card. Hotels all have bureau be changes but the rate is't as good as at a retail money changers.

If you really to be safe for any contingency - just bring $50 US dollars in small bills and you'll be fine.

Alternatively you could try JWT Holidays on the corner of Henry and OConnell street beside the GPO as a good bet.

Best of Luck and a good trip

Thomas cook - I was told there that if they don't have it in stock they will have it by the following morning

Thanks all......

Just spoke with a guy who was there two weeks ago and he said he arrived Dirham free and got them in Dubai Airport...So I should be fine bar having to listen to a seven hour flight of "I told you so" !

Cheers

Was in Dubai in August and was able to use US dollars everywhere as it is fixed rate to the Dirham.